Previously Published Newspaper Articles:
- Near Lassen: Nature’s Untamed Beauty
- In 2003, 7 girlfriends and I went on a ‘city slickers’ adventure to a wild horse sanctuary. This article appeared in the Los Angeles Times in July, 2003.
- Kayaking Points North
- In July of 2002, I went camping and kayaking alongside orca whales in British Columbia. This piece appeared in the Los Angeles Times in May of 2003.
- Tennis Camp: The Tennis Enthusiasts’ Paradise
- After my tennis friends and I attended a tennis camp in Santa Cruz, CA, I wrote this for the San Francisco Chronicle. It appeared in June of 2001.
- Rescuing Wild Babies
- This story of my visit to a wildlife orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya, was published in the Marin Independent Journal in December of 2000.
- Tenting in Tanzania
- This article, about my African camping safari, appeared in the Los Angeles Times in August of 1999.
- Remembering Dad
- My first “paid” article. It’s a tribute to my father, who died in 2004 at the age of 80 from a 15-year battle with Alzheimer’s Disease. This first appeared in the San Francisco Chronicle in June of 1997.